Happy New Year everyone! I decided to start out my new year with a new headboard. When my dad was here for the holidays he helped me make this simple headboard from a vintage door I picked up from the last market. Didn’t it turn out great! I think it took us about 1.5 hours in total. Just my kind of project, cheap and quick.
My dad precut the door to fit the size of my bed, after that we picked up a http://www.homedepot.com/p/
Everbilt-4-in-Zinc-Plated- Mending-Plates-2-Pack-13614/ 203170050?N=c27s%3FNao%3D24#. UsS-ChzaEbo/”>primed one by four at Home Depot. Had them helpful fellow there cut it for us since I don’t have a saw (two pieces at 30 in and one at 60) got some “mending plates” to help hold it all together. I think it all rang in around $15.
The 30 inch pieces were used for the the two legs of the headboard, and the 60 inch piece was used to give extra support between the two legs. First step was measuring and marking where the legs would attach to the headboard. We pre-drilled the holes to keep from splintering on the boards.
After both of the legs were attached we added the longer strip on the front of the legs. Again we pre-drilled spots for four screws in each leg. Making sure to use screws that were long enough to go through both boards, but not break the surface on the front. And now you have a full headboard.
The final step is to attach the headboard to the bed frame. We put it in place, marked and drilled the boards, and bolted it in place. It’s as simple as that. My room never looked better.