We get asked a lot from buyers if it’s ok to barter.
I say YES! But there are some rules…
1. Keep in mind that these vendors do this for a living. We don’t ask you to work for free, so please don’t ask us to! Even if you know they got a really good deal on an item, you need to keep in mind the effort and time it took them to pick up the item, clean it up and/or redo the item, supplies, time to price and haul to the show.
2. A good question to ask is, “What’s the best you can do?”. It gives the vendor the opportunity to give you a discount but doesn’t insult them by asking them to take way less.
3. If you can’t agree on a price, say thank you and walk away. There is nothing worse than people telling you that something you poured your sweat, blood and tears into making great isn’t worth that much.
4. When in doubt, asking for 10% off is a great comprise that is not offensive and you still get a deal!
5. If you LOVE it and can afford it, just buy it. We all work really hard at pricing things just right and appreciate getting a good price for our hard work!
*What should I bring to the show to shop?
Here are a few essentials…
1. Water (there will also be drinks and food for sale). I have had many people tell me that they stayed at the show for hours making sure they saw everything and even a few that decorated their whole house in one day! You will be tired and thirsty!
2. A big bag, wagon or cart. The rolling carts are so nice and convenient, but a bag is great for small breakables. We will have a holding zone for furniture and very large items only. Our amazing Young Life guys will be there again helping bring items to the holding zone. They are raising money for camp!
3. Comfortable shoes
4. Cash -most vendors take cards but some do not. There will be an ATM there as well. The Young Life girls will also be selling raffle tickets for a vintage mining cart! Tickets are only $1 so bring some ones! (or $20s if you really want to win!)
5. A good friend- its always nice to have a second opinion when shopping!
6. Bring your hubby! Yes, you did hear that right. We will have a MAN CAVE just for him with Football and comfy chairs! He can relax while you shop and you still get his strong muscles to help you load your car with your treasures! WIN WIN!
7. Your patience… especially in the early morning, there will be a line to buy tickets. We ask that you be patient with us as we try and get everyone in as fast as we can. Our sweet family helps us out selling tickets, let’s not scare them off! The first 300 people through the door will receive a reusable bag. Please know these go fast, last year they were gone in 85 seconds! If you don’t get one, there will be some for sale at our retail space. Also, the first 20 through the door will receive a special gift!