Halloween is coming quick! This year, thanks to Costco, both of my kiddos picked out plain ole mass produced costumes
“Mommymommymommymommy I haaaaaaave to be a pirate princess! SHE HAS A SWORD!”
I’m feeling part relieved that I don’t have to whip up a costume based on a crazy whim,
“Mommymommymommymommy, I haaaaaave to be a snow leopard with pegasus wings and a princess crown! WHO ALSO ROLLER SKATES!”
And part bummed that my kids will be dressed in the same commercial costumes as a zillion other kids. But the relieved part has won out and I am comforting myself by planning adorable handmade pajamas for Christmas. Anyhoo, just because my kids will be wearing costumes from (gulp) Costco doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate all the insanely cute vintage inspired costumes floating around on the interwebs. So I would like to present to you the top six most adorable vintage inspired Halloween costumes for kids. The list is based on very scientific research…or just my opinion.
1. Twink, AKA Rainbow Brite’s little sidekick. If you are a child of the 80’s this just might make you squeal with joy. And i may or may not have dressed up as Rainbow Brite for Halloween myself. This crazy cute costume is homemade too! Find the tutorial here at Pinksuedeshoe.com
2. Lucille Ball. I found this little cutie on Pinterest, and Booooooo, I couldn’t find the original! But that doesn’t detract from the adorableocity. That’s right. I made up a word.
3. Pinnochio. This sweet little guy is from an online magazine called Small Things, that apparently no longer exists. However, if I could get my hands on this, i would pretty much kidnap Baby Benson and make him wear it.
4. Rageddy Anne. This is not just a kids costume, there’s a Mama one too! These cuties were handmade by Kate at Skunkboy and you can find the whole tutorial here at A Beautiful Mess.
5. Popcorn baby. A perfect way to keep your really little guy close! Too bad I didn’t see this three years ago before my October baby was born! Here’s the whole tutorial for this NO SEW project at This Place is Now a Home.
6. Little Audrey. If only one of my little monkeys would consent to wear a tutu. I read somewhere that this is the costume Jessica Alba’s daughter wore last year. It’s .here on Etsy.
And I couldn’t resist showing you this one. It’s not exactly vintage inspired, but it’s just.so.darn.cute.
There you go! Hope you got some giggles out of these little cuties! Hope you have a super fun Halloween! Be safe!